Reasons to publish
EFORT Open Reviews is a leading peer-reviewed, gold open-access journal. The journal welcomes objective, comprehensive review articles across the whole field of orthopaedics and traumatology, from authors from all parts of the world. Publishing open-access offers authors the highest possible visibility for their work, increasing its reach and impact.
Acceptance for publication is subject to rigorous double-anonymous peer review by our panel of expert reviewers, and all articles that are accepted for publication undergo rigorous scientific editing.
EFORT Open Reviews’s latest Impact Factor is 3.4.
EFORT Open Reviews is indexed in PubMed with free full text provided in PubMed Central (PMC). It is also indexed in the Web of Science Core Collection, Google Scholar and Scopus, as well as being listed in the Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ). This provides wide-reaching discoverability for all review articles published in the journal.
Where appropriate, published articles are promoted to readers from all over the world, via email and social media, to ensure maximum reach and visibility of our authors’ work.
How we may promote your work
- Communications to members of the EFORT national member societies via multiple media.
- Journals published by Bioscientifica are promoted at key, subject-specific, conferences throughout the year. Your article may be picked to feature on our Themed Collection handouts or in our online promotion at the event.
- Regular content alerts, news updates, and topic collections are sent to authors, readers, editors, reviewers and anybody else with an interest in the journal.
- Social media coverage on the society’s Twitter page. Follow @EFORTnet to find out more.
Tips for promoting your own work
Get the most out of your published article by considering the following:
- You will receive a link to your published article which you can send to colleagues who may be interested in your line of research.
- Add your article to the list of publications on your institution’s webpages.
- Use of social media: tweet your article and mention @EFORTnet for a retweet. Link to the paper in work-related blogs and professional websites and add it to the publications section on your LinkedIn profile.
- Include information about your article in relevant conference or seminar presentations.
- Remember that your work is published open access and is free to read by anyone that may be interested.
- Encourage any co-authors to promote your work as well.
- Check out more tips for post-publication promotion in the Bioscientifica Author Resource Centre.
Monitor the impact of your work with article-level metrics
Article-level metrics are available for articles published in EFORT Open Reviews. This feature provides traditional usage data (number of article downloads/views) as well as Altmetric data for individual articles published in the journal. Altmetric provide non-traditional data by tracking a selection of online indicators (both scholarly and non-scholarly) to give a measurement of digital impact and reach. This information is used to generate an article’s Altmetric Attention Score.
These article-level metrics allow authors to monitor the impact of their research in academia and beyond.
Bioscientifica Publishing prides itself on the provision of a personalised author service, and editorial office staff are on hand to offer assistance from submission through to publication. All authors are given the opportunity to provide feedback via an online survey, and in 2021, 60% of respondents indicated that their experience of publishing with Bioscientifica was better or much better than with other journal publishers**.
**Based on 464 respondents.